Preservation & Heritage
Goal: Safeguard Berwick's rural character.
- Support land conservation efforts of GWRLT and others.
- Explore options to preserve farmland and become a farm-friendly town.
- Seek to revive Berwick's farming industry by connecting owners of inactive farmland with aspiring farmers.
- Inventory and preserve significant structures (e.g. Prime stack) and places (eg. cemeteries) that have historic value or reflect Town character.
- Create public focal points of community pride in the Village Center (e.g. mural, memorials, and welcome sign).
- Establish a permanent location for a Berwick Historical Museum to store and display historical artifacts and documents.