Transfer Station Use & Fees
Use of Transfer Station
There is NO trash pickup by the Town. Any trash that is picked up is picked up by an individual who has that business.
We have some guidelines for the use of our transfer station.
- All household trash must be bagged!
- Our Transfer Station is for the use of Berwick residents only. Some other local area towns do not offer this convenience to their public. The cost of waste disposal is very expensive and we simply cannot bear the cost of disposing of other folk's trash.
- The Transfer Station is continuing to collect donations for the local food pantry. Non-perishable food items, canned goods, personal care items, and baby food items are needed.
- Please be sure to check the expiration date on all food items.
Fees for Disposing of waste items
- There are no fees for regular "household garbage". The Town also takes brush and yard cleanup waste.
- See the Fee Schedule at the bottom of this page for more details. Furniture, appliances, tires and more.
- Certain items, like hazardous chemicals have limited collection times for their disposal. The Town typically participates in a Hazardous Waste Collection Day (call for date, typically annually in September).
- In addition to being potentially dangerous, some of the items deposited are recycled for the benefit of the Town. This helps offset some of our disposal costs.