Hunting & Fishing License

The Town Office issues Hunting and Fishing licenses to State of Maine residents who live in BERWICK. 

Residency Requirements

Individuals may claim only one state or province as their legal residence.

Resident means a citizen of the U.S., or an alien who has been so domiciled for one year.

You will not be considered a Maine resident unless:

a) if registered to vote, registered in Maine;

b) if licensed to drive a motor vehicle, made application for a Maine motor vehicle license;

c) if owning a motor vehicle or vehicles located within the State, registered each such vehicle in Maine;

d) complied with the State income tax laws; and

e) if a full-time student at a Maine college or university, and satisfies above requirements.

Nonresident means a citizen of the United States who does not fall within the definition of Alien or Resident.

Alien means a person who is not a citizen of the United States.

Proof of Residency is required at time of purchase

Anyone purchasing a hunting license is required to show:

proof of a previous hunting license,

or proof of Hunter Safety Course participation,

and your drivers license (Drivers License is required for purchasing a fishing license also.)

The same rule applies to purchasing a Resident Archery License.

Hunting & Fishing Licenses may be purchased at the Town Office.  Licenses may also be purchased on-line at the State's web site. You can also access the web site on our Home Page (Moses).

You can obtain the law books for Hunting & Fishing at the Town Office or from the State.
All Licenses Expire 
December 31st.