- Board of Selectmen: Elected to 3-year staggered terms. Executive branch of local government. Shapes policy and hires Town Manager. See the Town Clerk for more information on running in the next election. Meet 1st & 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
- Planning Board: Appointed by the Board of Selectmen to oversee development applications like conditional uses and subdivisions. The Planning Board works to shape long range planning policy decisions through ordinance amendments and comprehensive plan updates. 5 Regular members serve 3 year terms, 2 alternates serve 1-year terms. Meet 1st & 3rd Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
- Board of Appeals: Appointed by the Board of Selectmen 3 year staggered terms for 5 Regular members and 1 year terms for 2 alternate members. The Board of Appeals can grant variances from the Town of Berwick Land Use Ordinance. Appeals Board members review and provide rulings on Code Enforcement Officer decisions. Meet last Wednesday of the month as needed at 6:30 p.m.
Volunteer for a Committee
- Envision Berwick (click here for page) 13 member board appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Envision Berwick is responsible for comprehensive plan implementation, most notably the newly adopted Downtown Vision & Implementation Plan which was created to help redevelop Downtown Berwick and the former Prime Tanning Site. Serves as an oversight board for various subcommittees and volunteer groups in Berwick.
- Berwick Historical Society
- Friends of the Berwick Riverfront & Trails (Facebook)
- Berwick Community TV
- Events Planning: Brainstorms and coordinates town-wide events and festivals.